Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fairest



 
  Hey guys!

          So, umm, today I am going to start with the book Fairest by Gail Carson Levine. I thought that this book was good. It was a little slow throughout the story and I only had a few moments when I couldn't wait to turn the page. Even so, I did actually like this book. It had a good message which was that it is not the outside that counts, It is what is on the inside that you really want to nourish. I know that this is really cheesy, but Levine presents it in a new way. If you disagree or have something to add on, please let me know!
         Alright, so Aza is as ugly as a ogre but has the most beautiful singing voice in all of Ayorthaian. She was left in an inn and taken in by the innkeeper and his wife. When she goes to Ontio Castle, Prince Ijori is drawn to it, and evil Queen Ivi wants to use it for her own ends. Queen Ivi will do anything to make sure that she remains the fairest in the land. Anything.

         So as I said before, the story is slow but effective. Aza is a great character for modern teen pressures that is set in the time of Kings and Queens.

          ***Also, I would like to apologize for a earlier post about the book The Hobbit. I was too harsh on it and would like to say that I am sorry for that. I still would not recommend it, but I know that some people do like it. ***

                 See you tomorrow!

                        -KRISTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment