Saturday, June 2, 2012

Room

Hey guys!

              So since today I have to hurry on this-I  have some graduation parties to go to- this post will be short. Right now I am reading Room by Emma Donoghue. This book is in a five-year-old child's point of view. Sometimes it is a little hard to follow, but not much. Donoghue does a fantastic job of writing the story through the eyes of a little boy! I don't know how, but how she writes, the words she uses, and the very naiveness of it is spot on!

               This book is about this woman getting kidnapped when she was 19. She has spent seven years in one small room, never going outside. She has a little boy( who tells the story). She realizes that she NEEDS to escape this Room for herself and her son.

             How she is going to do this, or even if she is going to succeed, it beyond my reading. I am not even half-way through the book, but I didn't have another book that I could think of  to write about.

             This book has gotten very good reviews so I am excited to immerse myself in it! Every person that I have talked to about this book has loved it!

                         See you tomorrow!

                                      -KRISTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment